Law of the Month FDL Curfew Ordinance
With the fall school season fast approaching, students are undoubtedly trying to squeeze in vast amounts of fun activities before they hit the books. The City of Fond du Lac Police Department would like to take a moment to inform parents and students of important changes to the City’s curfew ordinance. The City of Fond du Lac Police Department wishes to educate parents and students of these changes to keep students safe during the overnight hours.
15 years old & under: The minor must be at home or at a residence approved by their guardian between the hours of 10:00 pm and 5:00 am.
16 – 17 years old: The minor must be at home or at a residence approved by their guardian between the hours 12:00 am and 5:00 am.
– Accompanied by a parent, guardian, or adult person having custody of the minor
– Attending a school function authorized by the school; There is a grace period of 1 hour before and after the function
– If the minor is on an emergency errand
– If the minor is going to or returning from employment
– In circumstance which the minor is exercising 1st Amendment Rights (ex. Religion, speech, assembly)
Juveniles who violate the City’s Curfew can be issued a Citation for $82.50. In addition, Parents may also be cited for allowing their children to be out in violation of curfew which can result in a forfeiture of $208.50.
In closing, the City of Fond du Lac Police Department would like to wish everyone safe and enjoyable final few months of summer.
Thank you for your commitment to making Fond du Lac a Safe place to live, learn, work, and play!
Officer Laggett # 73
Follow us on Twitter @fdlpolice for announcements or updates.