Metal Shop Evacuated Due to Fire, Smoke

It was a case of the right person being in the right place at the right time after a fire was ignited in a dust collector at Nemesis Metals on Friday morning. Around 10:15am, Division Chief of Fire Prevention Troy Haase was on his way to fix a sprinkler system when he noticed heavy smoke and people evacuating the building along South Hickory Street. 

Haase tells us he called it in, and went to do what he could without any equipment to battle the blaze. He assisted with the evacuation and helped treat a few people who had suffered from smoke inhalation. 

Other firefighters were able to find the blaze and quickly knock it down. No injuries were reported. There is no estimate on the damage caused by the fire. Workers were allowed back inside after the smoke dissipated from the area.