Motorists Will See 5-Day Shutdown Of Hwy. 23 Near Mall
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region announced Thursday (7/7/2022) upcoming traffic impacts associated with the Hwy. 23/Pioneer Road intersection Project in Fond du Lac County.
- Eastbound and westbound WIS 23/Johnson Street between northbound I-41 and the Mall Entrance (first entrance east of the Pioneer Road Intersection) will be closed beginning at 5 a.m., Thursday, July 21 through midnight, Tuesday, July 26. Detour as follows:
- Eastbound WIS 23 traffic to take southbound I-41 to northbound US 151 to WIS 23
- Westbound WIS 23 traffic to take southbound US 151 to northbound I-41 to WIS 23
- The WIS 23/Pioneer Road intersection Project in Fond du Lac County is a safety improvement constructing a slotted, left-turn lane along US 45/WIS 23, as well as a dedicated right turn lane along westbound US 45/WIS 23. For additional information, please visit the project website:
- Project construction website: https://projects.511wi.gov/us45johnson/.
- Construction operations and traffic impacts for a two-week period are listed on the Northeast Region Weekly Construction Update below.