My Free Taxes

Families earning less than $66,000 a year can get free help with their income tax return preparation through a program partnering the United Way and H & R Block.  It’s called “My Free Taxes.” Fond du Lac Area United Way Executive Director Amber Kilawee says you can find a link to “My Free Taxes” at their website. You can also go to It does require you to have an email address, which the United Way can help you with if you don’t have one. Kilawee says for most people doing their taxes at the website will take about an hour.