No Injuries Reported In Saturday Night Electrical Fire

An electrical malfunction appears to be the cause behind a home fire Saturday (3/12/2022).

The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Department was called out Saturday night just before 10:55 p.m., when an occupant in the home woke up to find the residence filled with hazy smoke.

The caller in the two-story residence, located north of Campbellsport on Hwy. W, just south of Woodland Dr., said the smoke appeared to be located in the basement, front room and in the kitchen.

There were no injuries, and the fire was extinguished without any further incident. The exact cause of the fire has not yet been disclosed but appears to have been electrical in nature and remains under investigation.