No One Injured In Gas Leak
No one was injured when the Fond du Lac Fire Department responded to a gas leak at 210 Henning Court just after 11 a.m. Tuesday morning. A postal carrier reported the smell of gas. Military Road was closed between 9th and Western Avenue while firefighters narrowed down the search, but couldn’t locate the exact source. Alliant Energy crews were able to locate the structure where the leak was. Surrounding homes were evacuated. Firefighters found high levels of natural gas, and ventilated the structure to provide a safe environment for Alliant. There was no one at home at the time of the call. The Police Department assisted with scene security and traffic control. Fond du Lac Fire Department photo.