Oakfield School Evacuated For Possible Fire

Superintendent of the Oakfield
School District
there was smoke, but no fire at the junior/senior high school this this morning. Sue Green says a teacher noticed some smoke around 9 a.m. The fire
department was called and students were evacuated. She says the smoke was
caused by a faulty motor in the ventilation system and it was removed. She says
they took quick action to make sure kids were safe. Parents were contacted
about the incident. She says the school recently held a fire safety drill so
students knew what they had to do because it was still fresh in their minds.