One Injured in Fire at Camp Randall
STATEMENT FROM UW ATHLETICS
A fire involving roofing solvent material occurred Wednesday morning during construction at the site of the south end zone renovation project at Camp Randall Stadium. The fire was extinguished by non-emergency personnel at the scene, but a subcontract worker was injured. Madison Fire Department personnel arrived on the scene (the fire was out when they arrived) and paramedics treated the injured individual and transported that person to a local hospital for further treatment. Our thoughts are with the individual who was injured this morning and we are grateful to the first responders both already on-site as well as from fire and police personnel, who assisted during the incident. The company heading the south endzone renovation project, J.P. Cullen, and its subcontract partners are investigating the incident (as is the UW Police Department) and offering support to the injured worker, co-workers and family members.