Porch Fire Extinguished On Park Ave.
Improperly discarded smoking materials appear to be the cause of a Sunday afternoon fire in Fond du Lac.
Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue was called out Sunday April 10, 2022 at 1:36 p.m. for a reported house fire at 284 N. Park Ave. Upon arrival, crews found a fire was smoldering after a resident began to extinguish a fire. The fire was contained to the front porch and did not spread.
FDL Fire/Rescue reminds all residents to double check when discarding smoking materials especially on windy days like Sunday.
Fire crews stayed on scene to ventilate smoke from the house and check for fire extension. There were no injuries. Fond du Lac Police assisted with traffic control.