Richfield House Fire

Fire caused $40,000 in damage to home in the 5000 block of Lakeview Avenue in the Village of Richfield Tuesday morning. Washington County Sheriff’s officials say the fire originated in a utility room and was restricted to that room. Deputies and the homeowners tried to suppress the fire with fire extinguishers. It was eventually put out by Richfield firefighters. The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical. No one was injured during the blaze, which was reported shortly before 5:30 a.m. Assistance was requested from Hartford, Jackson, Lisbon, and Slinger Fire Departments.