Roof Fire From Fireworks Causes Minor Damage, No Injuries

No injuries were reported as a result of a minor roof fire in Fond du Lac Saturday afternoon. Fond du Lac Fire Rescue was called out shortly after 1:00 p.m. Saturday (3/20/2021) to the 400 block of W. Scott St, where a resident of a home said smoke was seen coming from the roof of the two-story structure.

It was reported that fireworks being ignited in the area may have been the cause of the fire, but FDL PD checked the area and were not able to find anyone that may have been involved in the incident.

Dry and windy conditions gave cause for FDL Fire Rescue to issue a reminder to residents that fireworks are illegal, and also very dangerous given the conditions.