Shelled Peas Sold At Farmers Markets May Be Contaminated
State health officials say seven people have gotten sick from shelled peas sold at Farmers Markets in Fond du Lac, Green Bay, and Madison on Saturday, July 22nd. Shelled peas are loose, no longer in the pod. The peas were contaminated with a strain of Salmonella. They were sold between July 19th and August 5th at the Downtown Fond du Lac Farmers Market, the Dane County Farmers Market in Madison, and the Downtown Green Bay Farmers Market, all held on Saturdays. The peas may also have been sold at the Fond du Lac Farmers Marker on Wednesdays. The warning does not include peas still in the pod or shell. If you bought shelled peas from one of those markets on the dates mentioned and froze them, you are urged to throw them out.