Slight Confusion Over Street Address During Car And Garage Fire

Officials with Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue say a car and garage fire on South Brooke Street last Saturday night could have been worse because of slight confusion over the street address that was reported to dispatch. “We had a little bit of confusion on the address and stuff. In a lot of cases you have those long apartment buildings that have multiple units in one and when we got the call it came in as 191 South Brooke and it was really 173 South Brooke.”  Division Chief Troy Haase says they were able to quickly extinguish the fire at the Town House. Fire Chief Peter O’Leary says in such cases it’s nice when somebody not connected with the fire can wave them down when they are pulling up to the scene. He says, “Maybe some bystander or somebody else that might not be with the emergency. We see it on medical calls. Please have somebody stand in the street and wave us down. Something as simple as that it saves us a lot of time because then we don’t have to search for the address.” No injuries were reported during the fire. (Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue photo)