Smoke Detectors, Closed Door Save Life in Fire

The Sheboygan Fire Department is crediting working smoke detectors and a closed bedroom door with likely saving a woman’s life on Wednesday. Fire officials say she was sleeping with the door closed, which isolated her from the heat and smoke. Firefighters were able to respond within three minutes and pull the woman out through a window. She was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to a hospital for further evaluation.  One firefighter suffered a burn to his wrist. It’s estimated the fire caused $85,000 dollars worth of damage.