Tighter Security Expected At FDL City County Government Center

Fond du Lac City Manager Joe Moore recently recapped for the City Council a proposal to make the City-County Government Center more secure. He says County judges would like to see the building as secure as other courthouses around the state. That would include having the public use a secured entrance on the north end of the building. It would include a metal detector and staffing by the Sheriff’s Department. He says the County uses about 65 percent of the building and the City the other 35 percent. The estimated cost of $250,000 a year to man the secure entrance would be split along those lines. Moore says at this time it doesn’t look like either the County or City will be budgeting for the secure entrance, but he says that depends on how pressing that need becomes.