Traffic Pattern Switch Near Mall Among Construction Updates In Fond du Lac
The City of Fond du Lac issued their Weekly Construction update Friday, and among the many items of construction interest includes a traffic pattern switch amidst the work being done near the mall on W. Johnson St.
The City of Fond du Lac is providing a weekly update on construction projects located within the corporate boundary. The Weekly Construction Updates and Construction Map are posted on the City’s Website at www.fdl.wi.gov.
All anticipated construction activities are weather dependent.
Johnson Street Mall Intersections:
Schedule: Construction Start April 4-June 2022 – Stage 1 Median
Description: The project includes reconstruction of the median turn lanes and install traffic signals at the west entrance to the mall.
May 2 to May 6: Finished concrete pavement in median. Traffic switch to occur by Monday morning. The outside lanes in both eastbound and westbound directions will be closed as work occurs at the west and east Forest Mall entrances north of Johnson St. and at the west entrance to the Forest Plaza south of Johnson St. Two lanes of traffic in each direction will remain open but the median crossings will remain closed to allow concrete to cure and for remaining construction items to be performed.
Traffic Impacts: Johnson St. will remain open to two-way traffic at all times. Stage 1 the median work is completed and Stage 2 will reconstruct the west entrance to the Mall and install signals. Monday, May 2nd Stage 2 will begin and the outside lane closures (east and westbound) will be in place. The west Forest Mall entrance will be closed for Stage 2.
Pioneer Road from Johnson Street to Forest Avenue – FDL County Highway Dept:
Schedule: Construction Start April 4- October2022
Description: The reconstruction of Pioneer Rd includes curb and gutter, new storm sewer, water main, street lighting, multi-use trail, and installation of traffic signals on Pioneer Rd between KFC and Faros. Stage 1 work is from the proposed signalized intersection north to Johnson St. Stage 2 is from 400 FT south of Forest Avenue to the signalized intersection.
May 2 to May 6: Crews milled existing asphalt pavement to southern limit, finished water main in stage 1, continued with storm sewer, continuing with water main in stage 2, grading project starting at the southern limit working north. During grading operations, there will be uneven lanes, use caution as you travel through the work zone. All businesses will remain accessible to the public during grading operations. There may be times when you have to wait a short time for workers and equipment to move to access certain areas.
Traffic Impacts: Pioneer Rd will be open to “local traffic only” during construction. Residents, business owners, and customers may access properties past “ROAD CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC” signs. Use “Caution” in the construction zone. Right-in/out access only from Johnson St to Pioneer Rd is required to construct the utilities and the roadway. Customers can access businesses from Pioneer Rd or from the frontage road west of former Home Depot. A signed detour for Pioneer Road will be CTH OOO (Scott St) to CTH VVV (Rolling Meadows) to CTH D (Military Rd).
Military Road from Western Avenue to Superior Street – WI DOT Northeast Region
Schedule: April 11-October 2022 – Stage 1 Military Road/Western Ave Intersection
Description: The reconstruction of S Military Rd includes reconstruction of the street and utilities, addition of bike lane and construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Military Road and 9th Street.
May 2 to May 6: Contractor will continue to relay sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer in the intersection of Military Road and Western Avenue.
Traffic Impacts: Military Road will be closed to through traffic. Residents, business owners, and customers may access properties past “ROAD CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC” signs. Stage 1 Detour: Southbound on Military Road is east on 2nd Street, south on Main Street, west on 9th Street to Military Road. Northbound detour is signed the same utilizing 9th Street, Main Street, and 2nd Street to Military Road.
City of Fond du Lac Concrete Rehabilitation
Schedule: Construction Start April 4-June 2022
Description: The project includes various concrete pavement, storm inlet, and manhole rehabilitation work. Streets where repair work will occur:
· E Harbor View Dr from N Main St to Northgate St
· Mohawk Ave from E Harbor View Dr to Terminus
· Garfield St from E Harbor View Dr to Northland Ave
· Northland Ave from Allen St to Garfield St
· W Arndt St from N Seymour St to N Hickory St
· N Seymour St from W Arndt St to STH 23
· N Seymour St from Thomas St to W Division St
· Forest Ave from W Pioneer Rd to S Seymour St
May 2 to May 6: Crews continue removing deteriorated concrete panels and pouring of concrete patches within the second phase of the project. Sewer structure repairs and joint sealing will continue.
Traffic Impacts: The above streets will have partial closures and lane restriction. Please follow detours in a few locations and be “Cautious” when driving through the work zone, as lane widths are restricted.
WIS 23 Expansion – Urban Section – WI DOT Northeast Region
Location/limits: WIS 23 and various intersecting local roads between US 151 and Seven Hills Road
Schedule: April 11, 2021 to fall of 2022
Description of work: This work is part of the WIS 23 4-lane, on-alignment expansion project in Sheboygan and Fond du Lac counties.
May 2 to May 6: The contractor anticipates working on the following items:
· Continue grading westbound Highway 23 between Wisconsin American Drive and County K
· Continue shouldering operations on new westbound Highway 23 east of County UU
· Continue construction of the new retaining wall under US 151 along the westbound lanes
· Continue construction of the new connecting roadway between Hilltop Drive and Whispering Springs Drive
· Continue work extending the existing box culvert near Whispering Springs to the north.
· Continue work on the new bridge at County UU.
· Mill and repave Irene Drive from the new north connection to Whispering Springs Drive to Hilltop Drive.
· County K north at WIS 23 – Closed
· Hilltop Drive at WIS 23 – Closed
· County UU (South of WIS 23) – Closed
· County UU (North of WIS 23) – Closed
The following restrictions will remain in place.
· Northbound County K to westbound WIS 23
· Southbound County K to WIS 23
· Southbound Whispering Springs to eastbound WIS 23
· Westbound WIS 23 to southbound County K
· Eastbound WIS 23 to northbound Whispering Springs