Two Injured In Apartment Fire On West Division Street
Two people suffered burns in an apartment fire at 143 West Division Street Thursday afternoon. Division Chief of Fire Prevention Troy Haase says the tenants carried a plastic basket full of laundry that was on fire outside. He says they managed to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, but in the process of carrying the basket out got burned. The fire was in a second floor apartment. Haase says there wasn’t any structural damage. He says there was minor damage to carpet, vinyl, and tile and there was blackening on a wall. Both of the injured were taken to St. Agnes Hospital. Police called in the fire at 2:45 p.m. after they arrived and saw smoke in the building.
Two people were injured in an apartment fire at 143 West Division Street Thursday afternoon. Assistant Fire Chief Erik Gerritsen says they got the call at 2:45 p.m. Police called it in after seeing smoke in the building. Gerritsen says when they arrived there was an item in the front yard that was smoldering. The fire was knocked down by firefighters. It was confined to a bathroom in a second floor apartment. Gerritsen says two people were taken to the hospital. One of the injured was a man who suffered minor burns to the face area.