Unattended Cooking Leads to House Fire in FDL

Photo courtesy of Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue

Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue says unattended cooking was the
cause of a house fire Wednesday evening in the City of Fond du Lac.
Firefighters were called to the 700 block of Ellis Street just before 6 pm for
a report of a kitchen stove that was left on with smoke filling the house. Fire
crews arrived and found smoke on the first floor and severe damage to the
stove, exhaust fan and kitchen cabinets in the home. Firefighters were able to put
the fire out and ventilate the smoke from the home. No injuries were reported
from the fire.