Vehicle Runoff Safety

If you ever find yourself running off the
road during a winter storm there are a few things you should keep in mind. If
you or someone else is hurt or you are blocking the road, you need to call 911. Fond du Lac
Sheriff’s Captain
Ryan Waldschmidt says you also have to report any damage to your vehicle over
$1,000 or if you caused more than $200 in damage to government property such as
a speed limit sign, guard rail or cable barrier. If you need a tow he
recommends reporting that to their dispatch center too because they may be able
to make arrangements for you. If you need a ride the Sheriff’s Department may
provide one for you, but if the weather is really bad stay put inside your