Vent Fan Appears To Be Cause Of FDL House Fire

A faulty vent fan appears to be the cause behind a small house fire in Fond du Lac. Fire/Rescue Crews were called out at 4:21 a.m. Thursday morning(March 18, 2021) for a reported fire in a bathroom of a single family home at 411 W. Scott St. Upon arrival fire crews found a smoldering fire in the bathroom. The fire was contained to the bathroom, and the residents were able to safely evacuate the home, with no injuries reported. FDLPD assisted at the scene management, along with Alliant Energy. Fond du Lac Fire Rescue Chief Peter O’Leary said in a press release, the family should be able to remain in the home after electrical service is restored.