Waupun Fire Department Handles Gas Leak at Waupun Memorial Hospital

A gas leak at Waupun Memorial Hospital Sunday morning was
quickly handled by Waupun firefighters. Shelly Haberman, Public Relations
Supervisor for Agnesian HealthCare tells us employees at the hospital notified the
fire department of the potential gas leak after a boiler fault alarm sounded
early Sunday morning. The source of the leak was quickly identified and addressed
by fire crews and Alliant Energy after they arrived on scene. The all-clear was
given by the Fire Department and all normal operations at the hospital resumed.
Haberman says at no time were patients, visitors and staff at risk – and that
the hospital “appreciates the quick response from fire officials and Alliant Energy.”