Weekly Construction Update For FDL Area
The City of Fond du Lac is providing a weekly update on construction projects located within the corporate boundary. The Weekly Construction Updates and Construction Map are posted on the City’s Website at www.fdl.wi.gov.
All anticipated construction activities are weather dependent.
Johnson Street Mall Intersections
Schedule: Construction Start April 4-June 2022 – Stage 1 Median
Description: The project includes reconstruction of the median turn lanes and install traffic signals at the west entrance to the mall.
April 25 to April 29: Crews continue to install red concrete in median islands and concrete pavement weather permitted.
Traffic Impacts: Johnson St will remain open to two-way traffic; Stage 1 will reconstruct the median turn lanes at the east and west entrance. Stage 2 will reconstruct the west entrance to the mall and install signals.
Pioneer Road from Johnson Street to Forest Avenue – FDL County Highway Dept
Schedule: Construction Start April 4- October2022
Description: The reconstruction of Pioneer Rd includes curb and gutter, new storm sewer, water main, street lighting,
multi-use trail, and installation of traffic signals on Pioneer Rd between KFC and Faros. Stage 1 work is from the proposed signalized intersection north to Johnson St. Stage 2 is from 400 FT south of Forest Avenue to the signalized intersection.
April 25 to April 29: Crews completed water main installation and continue installation in storm sewer. Crews will start water services in Stage 1 next week. Grading contractor completed the excavation of the biofilter pond. The milling crew will complete the remaining asphalt pavement in Stage 2 to get a jump on grading Stage 2.
Traffic Impacts: Pioneer Rd will be open to “local traffic only” during construction. Residents, business owners, and customers may access properties past “ROAD CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC” signs. Use “Caution” in the construction zone.
Right-in/out access only from Johnson St to Pioneer Rd is required to construct the utilities and the roadway. Customers can access businesses from Pioneer Rd or from the frontage road west of former Home Depot. A signed detour for Pioneer Road will be CTH OOO (Scott St) to CTH VVV (Rolling Meadows) to CTH D (Military Rd).
Military Road from Western Avenue to Superior Street – WI DOT Northeast Region
Schedule: April 11-October 2022 – Stage 1 Military Road/Western Ave Intersection
Description: The reconstruction of S Military Rd includes reconstruction of the street and utilities, addition of bike lane and construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Military Road and 9th Street.
April 25 to April 29: Contractor continues to relay sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer in the intersection of Military Road and Western Avenue.
Traffic Impacts: Military Road will be closed to through traffic. Residents, business owners, and customers may access properties past “ROAD CLOSED TO THRU TRAFFIC” signs. Stage 1 Detour: Southbound on Military Road is east on 2nd Street, south on Main Street, west on 9th Street to Military Road. Northbound detour is signed the same utilizing 9th Street, Main Street, and 2nd Street to Military Road.
City of Fond du Lac Concrete Rehabilitation
Schedule: Construction Start April 4-June 2022
Description: The project includes various concrete pavement, storm inlet, and manhole rehabilitation work. Streets where repair work will occur:
• E Harbor View Dr from N Main St to Northgate St
• Mohawk Ave from E Harbor View Dr to Terminus
• Garfield St from E Harbor View Dr to Northland Ave
• Northland Ave from Allen St to Garfield St
• W Arndt St from N Seymour St to N Hickory St
• N Seymour St from W Arndt St to STH 23
• N Seymour St from Thomas St to W Division St
• Forest Ave from W Pioneer Rd to S Seymour St
April 25 to April 29: Crews will continue removing deteriorated concrete panels and pouring of concrete patches within this phase of the project. Sewer structure repairs and joint sealing will continue.
Traffic Impacts: The above streets will have partial closures and lane restriction. Please follow detours in a few locations and be “Cautious” when driving through the work zone, as lane widths are restricted.
WIS 23 Expansion – Urban Section – WI DOT Northeast Region
Location/limits: WIS 23 and various intersecting local roads between US 151 and Seven Hills Road
Schedule: April 11, 2021 to fall of 2022
Description of work: This work is part of the WIS 23 4-lane, on-alignment expansion project in Sheboygan and Fond du Lac counties.
April 25 to April 29: The contractor anticipates working on the following items:
• Begin grading westbound Highway 23 between Wisconsin American Drive and County K
• Begin shouldering operations on new westbound Highway 23 east of County UU
• Continue construction of the new retaining wall under US 151 along the westbound lanes
• Continue construction of the new connecting roadway between Hilltop Drive and Whispering Springs Drive
• Continue work extending the existing box culvert near Whispering Springs to the north.
• Continue work on the new bridge at County UU.
• County K north at WIS 23 – Closed
• Hilltop Drive at WIS 23 – Closed
• County UU (South of WIS 23) – Closed
• County UU (North of WIS 23) – Closed
The following restrictions will remain in place.
• Northbound County K to westbound WIS 23
• Southbound County K to WIS 23
• Southbound Whispering Springs to eastbound WIS 23
• Westbound WIS 23 to southbound County K
• Eastbound WIS 23 to northbound Whispering Springs